Tuna and White Bean Salad
This great summer salad makes a hearty lunch or dinner thanks to 24 g of protein and 8 g of fiber. This recommends keeping the bean and tomato mixture separate from the spinach until you’re ready to serve.
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- Sea salt and ground black pepper (to taste; optional)
- 2 cans (6-oz. each) solid white tuna, packed in water, drained
- 1 (15-oz.) can white (cannellini) beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- 1 medium cucumber, chopped
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- ½ cup artichoke hearts, chopped
- ½ bunch fresh parsley, stems removed and discarded, chopped (about ½ cup)
- 8 cups fresh spinach (or arugula)
Combine garlic, oil, and lemon juice in a small bowl; whisk to blend.
Season with salt and pepper if desired. Set aside.
Combine tuna, white beans, onion, cucumber, tomatoes, artichoke hearts, and parsley in a medium bowl; mix well.
Drizzle tuna mixture with dressing; toss gently to blend.
Evenly divide spinach between 4 serving plates. Top evenly with tuna mixture.